What's new in Xcode 11
Like every year, Apple announced a new version of Xcode during the WWDC. There are lot of new things in Xcode 11 so let’s see what’s new!
There are new themes in
Preferences -> Fonts & Colors like the High Contrast (light and dark)
- You can now show the assistant editor by clicking the button
Adjust Editor Optionsas shown on the picture
- You can split your screen where you want by clicking
|Split right||Split bottom (hold the |
- You can choose where you want to open a new file by holding
Shift (⇧) + Option (⌥)when clicking on the file. After you’ll see a blue area where the file is supposed to open. Use the arrows to choose where you want to open it and press
- Now that you screen is splited, you might want to have a file in full screen temporary. Just click on the
click again to return to your splited screen.
- Another new feature is the minimap. You can show/hide it with the
Adjust Editor Optionsbutton
If you hold the
cmd (⌘) on the minimap, you’ll see all the functions and their names.
- You can now add documentation to functions by holding
cmd (⌘)when clicking and coosing
A litte feature but a useful one, you can preview the image you’re choosing in an imageView or anywhere else.
You can switch between light and dark mode right from the Interface Builder, this option is next to the
You can create custom colors or images with different appearances for the light and dark mode.
The localization of images is now possible. You can configure different images for different languages
Here are the biggest features I found, there are a lot of other improvements to make Xcode faster but I showed you the most useful.
If you liked this post, share it with your friends or should you have any feedback, contact me
Hero image : Apple